- Southlands Flooding questions November 28, 2017
After the presentation by Carly Benson on November 16, 2017, Terry Slack asked a question about plans for dike building in the Southlands area.
Response from City of Vancouver:
Carly mentioned that after her presentation the DEEP group had a number ...Read more
- First DSH Training Exercise October 19, 2017
DEEP made the news recently when CBC reporters arrived to report on our April 22 community preparedness exercise. Cindi Barker from Seattle Disaster Hubs again offered her generous support to help test the disaster support hub concept. Thirty residents, city ...Read more
- Emergency Social Services Exercise at Hillcrest Centre October 19, 2017
The City of Vancouver has many opportunities to be involved in supporting our community.
Watch this video of the ESS Volunteer exercise at Hillcrest Centre on April 22, 2017.
- Vancouver is member of 100 Resilient Cities network October 19, 2017
What does resilience mean?
As defined by 100RC, “urban resilience is the capacity of individuals, communities, institutions, businesses, and systems within a city to survive, adapt, and grow, no matter what kind of chronic stresses and acute shocks they experience.”
The 100 ...Read more
- Thank You UBC Earthquake Engineering Research Facility October 17, 2017
Special thanks to alumni from UBC Earthquake Engineering Research Facility for providing a fun and educational display at Salmonberry Days in 2016 & 2017 at the Dunbar Community Centre.
- DEEP on CBC News Vancouver October 17, 2017
Watch CBC coverage of Neighourhood Emergency Assistance Team (NEAT) exercise and DEEP disaster support hub exercise.
- Recovering from disasters: Social networks matter more than bottled water and batteries October 17, 2017
Link to article: https://theconversation.com/recovering-from-disasters-social-networks-matter-more-than-bottled-water-and-batteries-69611
- Champion of Dunbar Village: Dunbar Earthquake and Emergency Preparedness (DEEP) October 5, 2017
In November 2016, DEEP was featured in the Dunbar Life publication.
DEEP in Dunbar Life
- When will a massive earthquake, tsunami hit the Pacific Northwest? October 5, 2017
The article entitled “When will a massive earthquake, tsunami hit the Pacific Northwest?” appeared on Aljazeera America’s website on November 13, 2015.
Click here for article and video.
- Fire: Dunbar’s most serious earthquake risk October 5, 2017
A public talk by Brian Bogdanovich, Vancouver Fire Department, presented to a Dunbar Earthquake Emergency Preparedness (DEEP) meeting on May 19, 2015 was filmed by Ian Graham.